Recently Completed: Route 460 (Orange Avenue) at Hollins Road Intersection Improvements
Cost and schedule ►
Traffic alerts ►
None at this time.
This project consisted of intersection improvements at Route 460 (Orange Avenue) and Hollins Road. The project included the addition of an eastbound right turn lane on Orange Avenue at Hollins Road and additional left turn lanes in both directions on Orange Avenue to improve traffic flow in that corridor. It also widened and added capacity to Hollins Road in both directions in the immediate vicinity of the intersection.
- Constructing a right turn lane from northbound Hollins Road onto eastbound Orange Avenue
- Constructing a right turn lane from eastbound Orange Avenue onto southbound Hollins Road
- Realigning the left turn lanes from eastbound and westbound Orange Avenue onto Hollins Road
- Installing an upgraded traffic signal
- Installing pedestrian crosswalks and accommodations including refuge islands
- Constructing 240 linear feet of raised median on northbound Hollins Road approaching to the intersection
- Adding a total of 1,245 linear feet of sidewalk on the east side of Hollins Road and south side of Orange Avenue
The project will improve traffic flow and enhance pedestrian safety at the intersection by adding two new turn lanes, upgrading the traffic signal and adding sidewalks and crosswalks.