VDOT News - Northern Virginia
Michelle Holland 703-586-0487
April 7, 2021
Stringfellow Road Reduced to Two Lanes at I-66 During Overnight Hours Thursday, April 8
FAIRFAX - Stringfellow Road under I-66 will operate in a single lane in each direction during the overnight hours Thursday, April 8, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. for crews to mobilize a crane to perform overhead bridge work this weekend. Two-way traffic will run in the northbound lanes of Stringfellow Road during this period. Work is for the Transform 66 Outside the Beltway Project.
Drivers using the ramp from Stringfellow Road to I-66 East and from I-66 West to Stringfellow Road will not be allowed to turn left during this overnight closure. Drivers should expect delays if traveling in this area.
Thursday, April 8:
Stringfellow Road between Fair Lakes Boulevard and Westbrook Drive/Village Square Drive
- Stringfellow Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction from 10m. to 5 a.m.
- The two open travel lanes will use the northbound lanes of Stringfellow Road under I-66.
Ramp from Stringfellow Road to I-66 East
- A left turn from southbound Stringfellow Road on to the ramp to I-66 East will not be allowed between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- To access the ramp to I-66 East, southbound drivers will be directed to continue south on Stringfellow Road and make a U-turn at Westbrook Drive/Village Square Drive.
Ramp from I-66 West to Stringfellow Road
- A left turn to southbound Stringfellow Road will not be allowed between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- To access southbound Stringfellow Road, drivers will be directed to turn right onto northbound Stringfellow Road and make a U-turn at Fair Lakes Boulevard.
Stringfellow Road under I-66 will be closed during overnight hours Friday, April 9, through Monday, April 12, for installation of bridge beams for the new I-66 East bridge over Stringfellow Road. Find additional details here.
All work is weather dependent and will be rescheduled if inclement conditions occur.
On Twitter, follow VDOT Northern Virginia at @VaDOTNOVA.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.