VDOT News - Northern Virginia
Michelle Holland 703-586-0487
July 23, 2021
Overnight Closures and Traffic Stoppages on I-66 East and West Near Vienna July 26-31 for Continued Work on Vaden Drive Express Lane Ramps
FAIRFAX – Overnight lane closures and traffic stoppages on I-66 East and West approaching Vaden Drive in Vienna are planned next week, July 26-31, as bridge beam installation continues for the new Express Lanes access ramps at Vaden Drive. This work is part of the Transform 66 Outside the Beltway Project.
Drivers should expect delays and consider using alternate routes.
Monday, July 26, through Thursday, July 29
I-66 West from Nutley Street to Vaden Drive
- I-66 West will be reduced to one travel lane approaching Vaden Drive nightly from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Drivers should expect periodic stoppages of up to 20 minutes on Monday night (Tuesday night back up).
- All lanes will reopen by 5 a.m.
Tuesday, July 27, through Saturday, July 31
I-66 East from Blake Lane to Vaden Drive
- I-66 East will be reduced to one travel lane approaching Vaden Drive nightly from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. (6 a.m. Saturday and Sunday)
- All lanes will reopen by 5 a.m. (9 a.m. Saturday and Sunday).
All work is weather dependent and will be rescheduled if inclement conditions occur.
The Vaden Drive Bridge is being rebuilt to accommodate the widening of I-66 and add connections to the future I-66 Express Lanes to and from the west, providing direct access to the Vienna/Fairfax-GMU Metrorail Station for buses, carpools, and toll-paying vehicles. The new, wider bridge opened to traffic in November 2020 and includes a shared-use path.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.