VDOT News - Northern Virginia
Michelle Holland 703-586-0487
March 13, 2020
Overnight Ramp Closures For The I-66 Outside The Beltway Project Next Week
Closures planned at Route 28, Route 123, Nutley Street, and I-495 Interchanges
FAIRFAX – Temporary ramp closures are scheduled to occur during the overnight hours next week at several I-66 interchanges so that crews can perform overhead bridge work, utility work, and other construction activities for the Transform 66 Outside the Beltway Project.
Sunday, March 15, and Monday, March 16
Ramp from I-66 East to Route 28 North
- The ramp from eastbound I-66 to northbound Route 28 will be closed Sunday night, March 15, and Monday night, March 16, from midnight to 4 a.m. Traffic will be detoured farther east to Route 286 (Fairfax County Parkway) North, stay to the right for I-66 West, then follow signs to Route 28 North.
Monday, March 15, through Thursday, March 19
Ramp from Route 243 (Nutley Street) South to I-66 East
- The ramp from southbound Nutley Street to eastbound I-66 will be closed Monday night, March 16, through Thursday night, March 19, from midnight to 4 a.m. Traffic will be detoured farther south on Nutley Street, make a U-turn at Route 29 (Lee Highway), then stay to the right and follow signs to I-66 East.
Monday, March 16, and Saturday, March 21
Ramp from Route 123 North to I-66 East
- The ramp from northbound Route 123 to eastbound I-66 will be closed Monday night, March 16, and Saturday night, March 21, from midnight to 4 a.m. Traffic will be detoured farther north and directed to I-66 West, take Route 50 East, and then stay to the left and follow signs to I-66 East.
Monday, March 16, through Thursday, March 19
Ramp from I-66 East to 495 Express Lanes South
- The ramp from I-66 East to the southbound 495 Express Lanes will be closed Monday, March 16, through Thursday, March 19, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly. Traffic will be directed to the I-495 South general-purpose lanes.
Tuesday, March 17, and Wednesday, March 18
Left-turn lanes from Route 28 South to I-66 East
- The left-turn lanes from southbound Route 28 to eastbound I-66 will be closed Tuesday night, March 17, and Wednesday night, March 18, from midnight to 4 a.m. Traffic will be detoured farther south to Route 29 (Lee Highway) North, stay to the right for Route 28 North, then follow signs to I-66 East.
All work is weather dependent and will be rescheduled if inclement conditions occur.
On Twitter, follow VDOT Northern Virginia at @VaDOTNOVA
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.