Structure and Bridge Division
On behalf of the dedicated men and women associated with the Virginia Department of Transportation's Structure and Bridge Division, I welcome you to our web page.
It is our hope that the information we provide will assist you by providing accurate, timely and useful information to meet your business needs and to enhance your understanding of and interest in our program.
We appreciate any comments you have to assist us in improving this service to you.
Contact the Help Desk with your suggestions.
Kendal R. Walus, P.E.
State Structure and Bridge Engineer
VDOT Structure and Bridge Division
1401 E. Broad St., Richmond, Virginia 23219
- OpenRoads Designer (ORD) Connect Edition - May 2021
- OpenRoads CONNECT Edition (additional ORD training is now available) - May 2021
Use the VDOT University to sign-up for remote courses
- Instructional and Informational Memoranda 76.4 – Adhesive Anchors for Structural Applications - May 11, 2021
- Instructional and Informational Memoranda 89.1 – VDOT Modifications to the AASHTO Standard Specifications for Structural Supports for Highway Signs, Luminaires and Traffic Signals - May 11, 2021
- Manual of the Structure and Bridge Division – Parts 1, 3 - April 30, 2021
- Manual of the Structure and Bridge Division – Part 2, Chapters 1, 2, 6, 8, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, 23, 25, 30, 31, 32 and 33 - April 30, 2021
- Bridge Construction Best Practices - 4/16/2021
- Bridge Load Rating Information - Version 6.8.4 Installation Guidance 4/15/21
- Bridge Load Rating Information - Database Modifications 4/15/21