Location and Design Division
L&D Home • Business Administration • CADD Support • GeoSpatial Program • Hydraulics and Utilities Project Management Office • Roadway Design and Special Projects • Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance • Traffic Design • Water Resources Program
The Statewide Location and Design Team is responsible for the planning, development and delivery of quality engineered highway construction plans for projects that are part of the Department’s Six Year Improvement Program. Our statewide staff is organized into 9 construction districts which are responsible for project management and design as well as a Central Office staff responsible for the development, implementation and training of policies, procedures, technical guidance as well as design and project management.
Our team of highway engineering professionals includes experts in the fields of roadway geometric design, hydraulics and river mechanics, stormwater management/MS4, GIS survey and photogrammetry, traffic engineering design, landscape architecture, project management, CADD support, safety hardware, engineered standards, policies and procedures, general business and consultant contract administration.
ProjectWise, non-sensitive data source will be migrated to the Bentley cloud hosted environment beginning Friday, September 24th at 5PM and complete by Sunday, September 26th at 5PM.
ProjectWise will be unavailable and ProjectWise Deliverables Management (PWDM) will have intermittent interruptions during this migration. More updates will be provided this week on this upgrade. Also included in this migration is the removal of ProjectWise Web and its replacement ProjectWise Web View (Many of the CABB Users) - September 2021
- OpenRoads Designer (ORD) Connect Edition - September 2021
- OpenRoads CONNECT Edition (additional ORD training is now available) - September 2021
Use the VDOT University to sign-up for remote courses
- ProjectWise Access / Reset Password - August 2021
- ProjectWise COV Account and Password for Consultant Users - August 2021
- ProjectWise Accounts for Contractors - August 2021
- Erosion and Sediment Control Contractor Certification (ESCCC) - 9/20//2021
- Survey Manual rev. - 8/31/2021
- Culpeper Concept Estimate Workbook updated - 8/24/2021
- CEO Instructional and Informational Memoranda - 8/2/2021
- VDOT Cost Estimating Manual - 8/2/2021
- General VPDES Permit For Discharges of Stormwater From Construction Activities Tracking Form LD-445 rev. - 7/27/2021