Location and Design Division
L&D Home • Business Administration • CADD Support • GeoSpatial Program • Hydraulics and Utilities Project Management Office • Roadway Design and Special Projects • Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance • Traffic Design • Water Resources Program
The Statewide Location and Design Team is responsible for the planning, development and delivery of quality engineered highway construction plans for projects that are part of the Department’s Six Year Improvement Program. Our statewide staff is organized into 9 construction districts which are responsible for project management and design as well as a Central Office staff responsible for the development, implementation and training of policies, procedures, technical guidance as well as design and project management.
Our team of highway engineering professionals includes experts in the fields of roadway geometric design, hydraulics and river mechanics, stormwater management/MS4, GIS survey and photogrammetry, traffic engineering design, landscape architecture, project management, CADD support, safety hardware, engineered standards, policies and procedures, general business and consultant contract administration.
- VDOT CADD Training for Consultants and Contractors - September 2022
- OpenRoads Designer (ORD) Connect Edition - September 2022
- ProjectWise Access / Reset Password - September 2022
- ProjectWise Account for Consultant Users - September 2022
- ProjectWise Account for Contractors - September 2022
- Erosion and Sediment Control Contractor Certification (ESCCC) - 9/22/2022
- IIM-LD-212.7, New & Revised IIM and Table of Contents - updated 9/8/2022
- Staunton Estimating Spreadsheet Tool - 8/2022
- July 2022 - Road Design Manual Revision - 8/2/2022
- IIM-LD-263, New & Revised IIM, Index and Table of Contents - updated 7/14/2022
- VDOT Provisionally Approved MASH Products - 7/1/2022
- June 2022 Revisions to VDOT's Road Design Manual – 6/24/2022