Warrenton 2020 Transportation Plan
Welcome to VDOT's "Warrenton 2020 Transportation Plan" study web site. The study was conducted to provide long term needs assessment for the Town's thoroughfare highway system. The boundaries of the study area are the corporate limits of the town of Warrenton. The following roadway segments were evaluated:
- Route 15 from South Corporate Limits to East Corporate Limits
- Business Route 15 from Shirley Avenue to Lee Highway
- Route 17 (Broadview Avenue) from Lee Highway to North Corporate Limits
- Route 211 (Frost Avenue) from West Corporate Limits to Shirley Avenue
- Business Route 211 (Waterloo Street) from Broadview Avenue to Alexandria Street
- Route 900 (Alexandria Pike) from Blackwell Road to Dead End
- Route 910 (Bear Willow Road) from West Corporate Limits to Broadview Avenue
- Route 920 (Branch Drive) from Lee Highway to Oak Springs Drive
- Route 930 (Old Broadview Avenue) from Route 15 to Route 17
- Route 940 (Culpeper Street) from Shirley Avenue to Main Street
- Route 950 (Meetze Road) from Falmouth Street to East Corporate Limits
- Route 960 (Oak Springs Drive) from Broadview Avenue to Branch Drive
- Route 980 (Waterloo Road) from West Corporate Limits to Rappahannock Road
- Route 990 (Winchester Street) from Alexandria Street to Lee Highway
Data collected for the study of the town includes:
- traffic counts conducted in March 2000
- accident report information from 1996 through 1998
- VDOT database of roadway geometric conditions (dimensions)
- review of tourism and goods movement issues in the Town
The above information was analyzed to identify Warrenton's 2020 transportation needs based upon highway capacity, geometry, and safety as well as other concerns that may be raised by local officials and citizens.
The Virginia Department of Transportation presented proposed recommendations for the Warrenton 2020 Transportation Plan, April 9, 2002 from 5:30 PM to 6:45 PM in the Warrenton Town Hall located at 18 Court Street. The purpose of this meeting was to describe the current and future transportation needs, as well as recommended improvements to the Warrenton thoroughfare system. VDOT representatives were available for questions during the meeting.
The Warrenton Town Council adopted the Warrenton 2020 Transportation Plan at the Council meeting on May 14, 2002.
A summary of the Warrenton 2020 Transportation Plan is available for download by clicking the following link
In addition, click the following link to view the Warrenton 2020 Transportation Plan Interactive Map
If you have questions regarding the study or would like to make a comment, please contact one of the individuals listed below or click here to go to the COMMENTS section. Please be sure to select Warrenton from the list of Towns being studied.
Thank you for your interest in the future transportation system for Warrenton.
Local Contact: Charles C. Carrington
Director of Planning
Town of Warrenton
18 Court Street
Warrenton, VA 20188
Phone: (540) 347-2405
VDOT Contact: John A. Giometti, P.E.
Planning & Land Development Manager
1601 Orange Road
Culpeper , VA 22701