Elliston/Ironto Connector - Montgomery County
|Route 603 Reconstruction|
Project at a Glance
Est Completion Date
Lengths and Limits
Route 11/460 to I-81 at exit 128 (Ironto)
What's being done?
Two miles of Route 603 (North Fork Road) in Montgomery County will be reconstructed to improve safety and traffic flow. The purpose of the project is to provide a better connection between Route 11/460 and Interstate 81 at exit 128 (Ironto).
The project entails bringing the existing two-lane roadway up to current design standards by
- Widening the travel lanes from nine feet to 12 feet
- Constructing five-foot paved shoulders
- Improving vertical and horizontal alignment
- Replacing drainage structures
- Adding a right turn lane from Route 603 onto Route 11/460
A design public hearing was held on Thursday, May 19, 2011. Here are links to the brochure and displays presented at the public hearing.