I-66 and Cushing Road Commuter Lot - OPEN
|433 new parking spaces in Manassas|
Project at a Glance
About the Project
This project includes a new 433-space park-and-ride lot at Cushing Road and I-66 near the Prince William Parkway. Drivers will access the lot from Balls Ford Road via Cushing Road, and the lot will also have a direct on-ramp connection to eastbound I-66. Construction began in spring 2012 and opened July 8, 2013.
The Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission (PRTC) is planning to have bus service from the lot.
Construction will also include:
- A bus loop and shelter for picking up and dropping off passengers
- Lighting, sidewalks, crosswalks, benches, bicycle racks and lockers
- Direct access for buses and high occupancy vehicle (HOV) traffic from the lot to the northbound Route 234 ramp to eastbound I-66
- Paving Cushing Road and a new sidewalk on the western side to serve the lot
- An HOV enforcement area for use by Virginia State Police
- A new traffic signal at Balls Ford Road and Cushing Road
State Project: (FO) 6234-076-136, C501 Federal Project: STP-5A01(269)