Sandy Myers 540-332-9201
Ken Slack 540-332-9264
Sept. 10, 2015
I-81 NORTHBOUND LANE CLOSURES IN SHENANDOAH COUNTY SEPTEMBER 13 – 18
STAUNTON – The Virginia Department of Transportation has scheduled overnight lane closures for milling and paving on northbound Interstate 81 in Shenandoah County. The work takes place at various locations between mile markers 269 and 274 in the Mount Jackson area.
These closures will take place on the following schedule, weather permitting:
- Sunday, September 13, from 10 p.m. to 9 a.m. Monday morning: Left lane closed from mile marker 270 to 272.
- Monday, September 14, from 7 p.m. to 9 a.m. Tuesday morning: Right lane closed from mile marker 270 to 272.
- Tuesday, September 15, from 7 p.m. to 9 a.m. Wednesday morning: Left lane closed from mile marker 272 to 274.
- Wednesday, September 16, from 7 p.m. to 9 a.m. Thursday morning: Right lane closed from mile marker 272 to 274.
- Thursday, September 17, from 7 p.m. to 9 a.m. Friday morning: Right lane and shoulder closed from mile marker 269 to 271.
The VDOT Staunton District serves Frederick, Shenandoah, Clarke, Warren, Page, Rockingham, Augusta, Highland, Rockbridge, Alleghany and Bath counties.
Traffic alerts and traveler information can be obtained by dialing 511. Traffic alerts and traveler information also are available at 511Virginia.org. For other assistance call the VDOT Customer Service Center, available 24 hours-a-day, seven days a week. Citizens can dial 1-800-FOR- ROAD (1-800-367-7623) from anywhere in the state to report road hazards, ask transportation questions, or get information related to Virginia’s roads.
The Staunton District Twitter feed is at @VaDOTStaunton. VDOT can be followed on Facebook, Flickr, Twitter and YouTube. RSS feeds are also available for statewide information. The VDOT Web page is located at www.VirginiaDOT.org.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.