VDOT News - Statewide
Lindsay LeGrand, VDOT 804-921-0907
Jessica Cowardin, DRPT 804-205-8702
Sept. 30, 2019
COMMONWEALTH TRANSPORTATION BOARD INVITES PUBLIC FEEDBACK ON TRANSPORTATION PROGRAMS THROUGHOUT VIRGINIA
Share comments at public meetings, online, by email, and by mail
RICHMOND, Va. – The Commonwealth Transportation Board (CTB) invites the public to share feedback on transportation initiatives at nine meetings across Virginia this fall. Representatives from the Office of Intermodal Planning and Investment (OIPI), the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and the Department of Rail and Public Transportation (DRPT) will highlight transportation programs, discuss ideas and answer questions about the Commonwealth’s multimodal transportation network.
Participation is welcome by attending public meetings or submitting comments online, by email, or by mail.
The public will have an opportunity to learn and share feedback about:
- Adjustments to the statewide project prioritization process, known as SMART SCALE, which allocates limited funding to the most critical transportation needs.
- Virginia’s Statewide Transportation Improvement Program, which identifies transportation projects that will utilize federal transportation funding or require approval from federal partners.
- A draft Mid-term Transportation Needs assessment for VTrans, Virginia’s statewide, multimodal transportation plan that outlines a vision and goals for transportation in the Commonwealth. The plan will identify transportation investment priorities and guides transportation agencies’ strategies and programs.
- Adjustments to Virginia’s Highway Safety Improvement Program, which aims to link infrastructure improvements across highway travel modes to performance outcomes outlined in Virginia’s Strategic Highway Safety Plan.
The public meetings will begin at 4 p.m. in each of the locations except as noted below:
Tuesday, October 15, 2019*
Richmond Marriott Short Pump 4240 Dominion Boulevard
Glen Allen, VA 23060
*This meeting will also provide opportunity for comment on the I-95 Corridor Study Plan
Tuesday, October 22, 2019**
Northern Virginia District
Northern Virginia District Office
Potomac Conference Room
4975 Alliance Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030
**meeting begins at 6 p.m.
Monday, October 28, 2019***
Doubletree Hotel Harrisonburg
1400 E. Market Street
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
***meeting begins at 3 p.m.
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Holiday Inn Valley View
3315 Ordway Drive
Roanoke, VA 24017
Monday, November 4, 2019
Lynchburg District Complex
Ramey Memorial Auditorium
4303 Campbell Avenue
Lynchburg, VA 24501
Wednesday, November 6, 2019
Hampton Roads District
Hampton Roads District Office 7511 Burbage Drive
Suffolk, VA 23435
Thursday, November 7, 2019
Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
One Partnership Circle
Abingdon, VA 24210
Tuesday, November 12, 2019**
James Monroe High School
2300 Washington Avenue
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
**meeting begins at 6 p.m.
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
VDOT Culpeper District Office
1601 Orange Road
Culpeper, VA 22701
Meeting materials will be available at http://www.ctb.virginia.gov/planning/springmeetings/default.asp beginning October 15, 2019.
- SMART SCALE: http://vasmartscale.org/
- Virginia’s Statewide Transportation Improvement Program: http://www.virginiadot.org/about/stip.asp
- Virginia’s Highway Safety Improvement Program: http://www.virginiadot.org/business/ted_app_pro.asp
- VTrans: http://www.VTrans.org
The public can submit comments on transportation projects and initiatives to the Office of Intermodal Planning and Investment (OIPI), OIPI Deputy Director Ronique Day, 1221 E. Broad St., Richmond, VA 23219 or PublicComments@OIPI.Virginia.gov. Comments will be accepted until November 30, 2019.
For additional information about the CTB, visit http://www.ctb.virginia.gov/.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.