Shannon N. Marshall 804-371-6844
Oct. 29, 2010
VDOT COMPLETES QUALITY CONTROL REVIEW OF PROPOSALS
RICHMOND — The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) has completed its quality control review of the three conceptual proposals received in response to its solicitation under the Public-Private Transportation Act to develop and operate a new Route 460.
The proposals have been posted to the project website, and can be found at http://www.route460ppta.org/.
The proposals now will be subject to review by an independent review panel to be appointed by the secretary of transportation. This review process will include significant public participation activities.
The three proposals posted online are:
Cintra Infraestructuras S.A.U., including:
- Cintra Infraestructuras S.A.
- Ferrovial Agroman S.A.
- Janssen & Spaans Engineering Inc.
- A. Morton Thomas and Associates Inc.
- American Infrastructure
460 Partners Inc., including:
- Moreland Property Group Inc.
- Infrastructure Capital Partners LLC
- CGA Capital
- Bank of America
- Lane Construction Corporation
- Skanska USA Civil Southeast Inc.
- Transfield Services North America
Multimodal Solutions LLC including:
- Edgemoor Real Estate Services LLC
- Clark Construction Group LLC
- Shirley Contracting Company LLC
- Autostrade per I’Italia S.p.A.
- Keiwit Construction Inc.
- The Louis Berger Group
- Barclays Capital
The offerors have submitted conceptual proposals to address the commonwealth’s objectives for the project and either reduce or eliminate the need for a public subsidy.
Each offeror requests a minimum concession term of 75 years to develop, construct, operate, maintain and collect tolls on a new Route 460 from Petersburg to Suffolk.
The base plan for all proposals is to construct a new 55-mile, four-lane divided limited-access highway with interchanges located south of the existing Route 460.
The design-build price in the proposals ranges from $1.44 to $1.8 billion in current year figures, and preliminary toll rates for passenger vehicles ranges from $0.10 to $0.20 per mile.
Each proposal includes public and private sources for project funding and identifies various innovative methods of providing funding for the project.
To learn more about the U.S. Route 460 Corridor Improvements Project and view the procurement schedule, visit http://route460ppta.org/
Editor’s Note: To discuss the specific contents of any of the individual proposals, please contact the proposers directly:
· Cintra - Jose Enrique Zapardiel, project manager, 512-371-4862
· 460 Partners, Inc. – Brad Rodgers, president, 804-332-6618
· MultiModal Solutions LLC – Geoffrey Stricker, managing director, 301-272-2990
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.