Jen Ward 540-387-5238
July 17, 2017
TRAFFIC ALERT: SLOW ROLLS AND LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR SIGNAL INSTALLATION AT EXIT 150 INTERCHANGE IN BOTETOURT COUNTY THIS WEEK
SALEM – As part of the continued work at the Exit 150 Improvement Project off I-81 in Botetourt County, slow rolls and lane closures will impact traffic as work to place mast arms on signal poles at the intersection of Route 11 and Route 220 Alternate takes place.
On Wednesday, July 19 and Thursday, July 20 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning, lane closures will be in place and traffic will be stopped in one direction at a time for periods of 10 to 15 minutes while mast arms are set into place in the following locations:
Wednesday, July 19:
- At 9 p.m., work at the corner of Hardees will impact Route 11 northbound traffic.
- At 12 a.m., work at the corner of Country Cooking will impact Route 11 southbound traffic.
- At 3 a.m., work at the corner of Robert Young’s will impact Route 220 southbound traffic.
Thursday, July 20:
- At 9 p.m., work at the I-81 corner will impact Route 220 northbound traffic.
- Additional work will continue in each corner’s location to complete installation.
The Botetourt County Sherriff’s Department will be controlling traffic each night and times and dates are weather dependent.
Signs will direct traffic and drivers approaching the area are encouraged to slow down and use caution in the work zone.
For the latest information on this traffic alert, visit www.511Virginia.org or follow us on twitter at @511southwestva or @VaDOTSalem.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.