Jen Ward 540-387-5238
June 26, 2015
TRAFFIC ALERT: NIGHTTIME LANE AND ROAD CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR ELM AVENUE THIS WEEKEND AND NEXT WEEK
SALEM – As part of the Interstate 581 and Elm Avenue interchange project in Roanoke, nighttime lane closures will be in place through Saturday this weekend and begin again on the evening of Monday, June 29 as they continue to work on the bridge and surrounding areas of the project.
• On Friday, June 26, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., traffic on Elm Avenue will be reduced to one lane in each direction for paving operations and Williamson Road will be closed for paving operations. Traffic using Williamson Road will need to seek an alternate route.
• On Saturday, June 27 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., traffic on Elm Avenue will be reduced to one lane in each direction for paving operations. The southbound off ramp to I-581 will be closed due to paving and traffic will need to seek an alternate route.
• On Monday, June 29, and Tuesday, June 30, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. traffic on Elm Avenue will be reduced to one lane in each direction for paving. The right lane will be open to traffic.
• On Wednesday, July 1, from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning, the I-581 northbound on ramp will be closed for paving.
• On Thursday, July 2, from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning, the I-581 southbound on ramp will be closed for paving.
This work is weather permitting. Drivers are encouraged to watch for signs and message boards and to use caution as they travel through the work zone.
For real-time traffic information, call 511 or visit www.511Virginia.org.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.