Taya M. Jarman (800) 367-7623
Jan. 21, 2011
TRANSPORTATION BOARD AND COMMISSIONER APPROVE EIGHT CONTRACTS VALUED AT $9.5 MILLION
COLONIAL HEIGHTS— The Commonwealth Transportation Board (CTB) approved one contract this month and the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Commissioner Greg Whirley approved three contracts this month and four contracts in late December; all valued at $9.5 million for Richmond district construction and maintenance.
The CTB awarded a contract to Slurry Pavers Inc. of Glen Allen for $2.8 million to apply pavement sealant to various locations in the Richmond District (includes Brunswick, Charles City, Chesterfield, Goochland, Hanover, Lunenburg, Mecklenburg, Nottoway, Dinwiddie, Henrico and New Kent counties).
This month, VDOT Commissioner Greg Whirley awarded the following projects:
- Howard Brothers Contractor Inc. of Providence Forge was awarded a $1.8 million contract to widen and reconstruct Eastfair Drive (Route 5186) to Beach Road (Route 655) in Chesterfield County.
- Lee Hy Paving Corporation of Glen Allen was awarded a $1.2 million contract for asphalt overlay and recycling work near the Chickahominy River Bridge in Henrico County.
- Bryant Contracting Inc. of Toano was awarded a $1 million contract for bridge superstructure replacement on Route 301 north (over Upham Brook) in Henrico County.
Whirley also awarded the following four contracts in late December to Payne Paving Company Inc. of Scottsville for surface treatment to various routes throughout the Richmond District:
- $1 million for work in Brunswick, Lunenburg and Mecklenburg.
- $769,000 for work in Charles City, Goochland, Hanover and New Kent.
- $725,000 for work in Prince George, Dinwiddie and Nottoway.
- $273,000 for work in Amelia County.
For more information on the meeting and other CTB actions, visit http://www.ctb.virginia.gov/meetings.asp.
For more information about VDOT projects and programs, visit www.VirginiaDOT.org.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.