Jeanene Harris 703-259-2420
Dec. 7, 2015
OVERNIGHT ROUTE 27/110 CLOSURES SCHEDULED THIS WEEK
Short-term closures on Route 110 Northbound, Southbound and ramps for bridge rehabilitation
ARLINGTON – Beginning Monday, December 7, from midnight through 5 a.m. on Saturday, December 12, weather permitting, the Virginia Department of Transportation will remove a few existing steel bridge girders on Washington Boulevard (Route 27) over Jefferson Davis Highway (Route 110) in Arlington County.
The detailed work schedule includes:
• Monday, Dec. 7 from midnight to 4:00 AM Tuesday morning, periodic closures up to 30 minutes on the ramp from southbound Route 27 to Pentagon.
• Tuesday, Dec. 8 from midnight to 4:00 AM Wednesday morning, periodic closures up to 30 minutes on the ramp from southbound Route 27 to Pentagon & on southbound route 110.
• Wednesday, Dec. 9 from midnight to 4:00 AM Thursday morning, periodic closures up to 30 minutes on southbound & northbound Route 110.
• Thursday, Dec. 10 from midnight to 4:00 AM Friday morning, periodic closures up to 30 minutes on northbound Route 110.
• Friday, Dec. 11 from midnight to 5:00 AM Saturday morning, periodic closures up to 30 minutes on ramp from Pentagon's north parking lot to northbound 110.
The work is part of the project to rehabilitate the Route 27 over Route 110 bridge. The $31.5 million project is scheduled for completion in May 2018.
Message signs are installed to notify commuters.
As of 2013, Route 27 carries 71,500 vehicles per day and Route 110 carries 61,500 vehicles per day. For more information, visit the project page.
Follow VDOT Northern Virginia on Twitter: @vadotnova
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.