Joan Morris 703-259-1799
Jennifer McCord 703-259-1779
Oct. 29, 2012
HOV LANES OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC TODAY
FAIRFAX— HOV restrictions are lifted this afternoon on interstates 395, 95, 66, and the Dulles Toll Road, according to VDOT.
VDOT reminds drivers:
· Make every effort to be off the road during heavy rains and tropical-storm force winds.
· Treat intersections where traffic signals are out as four-way stops.
· Do not attempt to drive through high water.
· Slow down on wet roads to avoid hydroplaning.
· Ensure vehicles have adequate fuel to complete trips during power outages.
Get the latest road conditions at www.511virginia.org or by downloading the 511 mobile app.
View the entire list of roads closed due to the storm, sortable by county, at http://www.511virginia.org/mobile/?menu_id=conditions.
Receive real-time northern Virginia traffic updates on Twitter by following @511northernvirginia. For general VDOT information, follow @VaDOT.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.