Joan Morris 703-259-1799
Jennifer McCord 703-259-1779
Dec. 19, 2009
ROAD CONDITIONS RAPIDLY DETERIORATING
Virginia State Police close several interstate ramps
CHANTILLY – The Virginia Department of Transportation reports several ramp and road closures due to deteriorating road conditions and accidents.
Virginia State Police have closed the following ramps due to icy conditions:
- Westbound I-495 to southbound I-95
- Northbound I-95 to northbound I-495
- Franconia Road (Route 644) to southbound I-95
The following roads are blocked due to snow-related incidents:
- Southbound I-495 at Braddock Road
- Northbound I-95 south of Lorton
- Northbound I-95 south of Quantico
VDOT continues to urge drivers to stay off of the roads today. Up-to-date road conditions and traffic camera video are available at www.511virginia.org.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.