VDOT News - Northern Virginia
Michelle T. Holland
Aug. 16, 2019
Nighttime Lane Closures Continue on I-395 North This Weekend, Friday and Saturday Nights, Aug. 16-18
Closures needed for bridge work along I-395
FAIRFAX, Va. – Motorists should expect significant lane closures on the general purpose lanes along I-395 North to continue tonight, Friday, Aug. 16 and tomorrow night, Saturday, Aug. 17, from Glebe Road (Exit 7) to past Pentagon City/Crystal City (Exit 8C). These continued closures are needed for bridge rehabilitation work along the I-395 corridor.
Drivers traveling to D.C. are urged to use alternative routes. Local traffic may still use the general purpose lanes, but should expect nighttime lane closures.
What Drivers Should Expect:
- Access to the HOV lanes will be closed beginning at 11 p.m. on Friday and reopening in the northbound direction on Monday at 4:30 a.m.
- General purpose lanes on I-395 North will close beginning at 10 p.m. Friday night until 9 a.m. Saturday morning, and again at 10 p.m. Saturday night until 9 a.m. Sunday morning
- Thru-traffic (northbound to DC) is encouraged to use alternative routes, while local traffic may still use the open general purpose lanes but should expect delays.
- Weekly updates with specific closure information will be available at: com and VDOT's 395 Express Lanes Web Page.
- Current plans call for the reversible 95 Express Lanes, from near Edsall Road to past Garrisonville Road in Stafford, to operate according to their normal schedule.
The 395 Express Lanes, an eight-mile extension of the 95 Express Lanes to the Washington D.C. line, are scheduled to open this fall. Learn how Express Lanes work and how to get an E-ZPass at www.ExpressLanes.com.
Follow VDOT Northern Virginia on Twitter: @vadotnova.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.