VDOT News - Northern Virginia
|IMMEDIATE - 4 p.m.
March 7, 2019
Crews Ready for Wintry Mix Friday through Saturday
Drivers asked to closely monitor conditions
VDOT asks that drivers be alert to the potential for snow and a wintry mix beginning early Friday morning through Saturday.
What's Happening Now
• See the National Weather Service's forecasts for northern Virginia, that includes a potential mix of snow and rain Friday and Saturday.
• Crews did spot pre-treatments of areas prone to freezing today, which will assist crews at the onset of snow. Crews will begin staging along roads early Friday morning.
VDOT Asks Drivers and Residents To:
• Closely monitor weather, as forecasts can improve or worsen quickly.
• Be aware of the potential for icy spots, especially in areas prone to freezing such as bridges, ramps and overpasses.
• Drive for the conditions: Reduce speeds, brake lightly and allow plenty of following distance. Also ensure enough gas, wiper fluid, proper tires, medication, and an emergency car kit.
• Follow @vadotnova on Twitter for updates.
• For updates, FAQs and resources, visit virginiadot.org/novaemergency.
• Report road hazards at 800-FOR-ROAD (367-7623) or my.vdot.virginia.gov..
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.