Paula K. Jones 434-856-8176
Jan. 30, 2015
LOOKING FORWARD: VDOT ANNOUNCES PLANNED STRUCTURE MAINTENANCE PROJECTS
Lynchburg District crews work on bridges and pipe
LYNCHBURG – A number of structure maintenance projects are currently underway or planned in the coming months and the Lynchburg District of the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) wants to alert motorists to future road closures and possible delays.
The dates given in the schedule below are tentative. Changes may be made due to weather or other issues.
Bridge replacement projects:
- January 19-April 3, on Route 713 over Sandy Creek, Pittsylvania County
- March 16-May 29, Route 663 in Campbell County
Pipe replacement projects:
- January 26-February 6, on Route 713 over Birch Creek, Pittsylvania County
- January 26-February 20, on Route 672, Nelson County
- February 9 to February 27, on Route 659 over Stadon Creek, Buckingham County
- February 23-March 13, on Route 705 over Stokes, Halifax County
- March 2 to March 20, on Route 631 over Tanyard Branch, Charlotte County
- March 9-April 3, on Route 654,Nelson County
- March 23-April 10, on Route 636 over a tributary of Little Willis River, Buckingham and Cumberland Counties
- April 6-May 1, Route 680 in Nelson County, one lane of traffic
- May 4-May 22, on Route 1501, Campbell County
Superstructure replacement projects:
- March 16-May 8, on Route 603 over stream, Pittsylvania County
- April 13-May 1, on Route 723 over Rock Island Creek, Buckingham County
In addition, motorists should see work to install a pipe liner on Route 865 in Campbell County beginning March 2 and construction on Route 617 in Appomattox County from May 4-29.
For up-to-date information, call 511 or visit www.511Virginia.org.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.