Paula K. Jones 434-856-8176
Oct. 28, 2014
STRUCTURE INSPECTIONS SCHEDULED
LYNCHBURG- Motorists should be alert to road and/or lane closures and possible delays as crews under contract to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) perform regularly-scheduled safety inspections at the locations listed below, weather permitting.
- Amherst County: Nov. 4: Route 501 over James River and CSX Rail and Nov. 10: Route 622 over Beck Creek.
- Buckingham County: Nov. 5: Route 622 over Slate River and Route 671 over Slate River.
- Campbell County: Nov. 25: Route 711 over NS Railway.
- Charlotte County: Route 40 over Route 15 & 360 Bypass.
- Cumberland County: Nov. 6: Route 696 over Willis River.
- Halifax County: Nov. 7: Route 619 over Hunting Creek and Route 640 over Buffalo Road.
- Lynchburg: Nov. 3: Route 29 North and South Bypass over James River and CSX Rail and Nov. 5: complete Route 29 North Bypass over James River and CSX Rail.
- Pittsylvania County: Nov. 7: Route 608 over Frying Pan Creek; Nov. 17: Route 683 over Whitethorn Creek and Route 29 over NS Railway and Nov. 21: Route 58 West over Route 29 Business.
- Prince Edward County: Nov. 6: Route 696 over Saylers Creek and Route 460 West over Bush River; Nov. 18: Route 633 over NS Railway and Nov. 19: Route 460 West over Route 460 East Business.
VDOT inspects all its bridges at least once every two years. Routine bridge inspections continue to ensure that all Virginia bridges remain safe for motorists.
Motorists are urged to use caution when traveling through these and any highway work zones. For additional information about work zones statewide, visit www.511Virginia.org or call 511.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.