VDOT News - Hampton Roads
Tiffany Whitfield 757-925-1516
March 22, 2017
WORK ON U.S. 58 EAST COMPLETE
All travel lanes are clear
SOUTHAMPTON COUNTY— This morning the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) reopened all four travel lanes on U.S. 58 east between the Pretlow Street Bridge and the Suffolk city line at the Blackwater Bridge. The speed limit has returned to 55 mph.
Crews have completely removed the temporary crossover and barrier wall that were used while workers replaced the 66-inch pipe under U.S. 58 east that was damaged during Hurricane Matthew and created a large sinkhole on the highway.
Motorists are advised to plan their commute by using VDOT’s free traffic information tools:
• Download the 511 smartphone app
• Visit the 511Virginia website or dial 511 for traffic information on your phone
• Listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680AM
• Call the Traffic Line at 757-361-3016
• Follow VDOT Hampton Roads on Twitter: @VaDOTHR
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.