VDOT News - Fredericksburg
LaTina W. Bundy 540-899-4560
Dec. 15, 2017
FREDERICKSBURG DISTRICT CREWS READY TO RESPOND TO WINTER WEATHER FORECAST
Potential late afternoon, evening snow may impact travel and be prepared for changing road conditions throughout the evening
FREDERICKSBURG – The Fredericksburg District winter weather forecast includes a chance of flurries to a dusting of snow beginning this afternoon or early evening across the Fredericksburg area, Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula.
Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) has equipment and materials staged and ready to respond at the onset of winter weather.
VDOT will closely monitor weather forecasts and pavement temperatures throughout the day.
Here’s what drivers should know:
- Due to cold air and pavement temperatures, even a light snowfall could quickly accumulate on the road surface
- Be ready to adjust travel plans and delay travel as needed to adapt to changing road conditions
- Road conditions may become hazardous first on bridges, overpasses and ramps due to colder surface temperatures
- If conditions deteriorate, reduce your vehicle speed and leave additional following distance between vehicles
- Be prepared: Monitor news and weather reports and check 511Virginia for real-time road conditions before starting a trip
VDOT’s 14-county Fredericksburg District includes the counties of Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania and Stafford in the Fredericksburg area; Northumberland, Richmond, Lancaster and Westmoreland counties in the Northern Neck; Essex, Gloucester, King & Queen, King William, Mathews and Middlesex counties in the Middle Peninsula.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.