Kelly Hannon 540-374-3344
Jan. 26, 2011
HEAVY SNOW FALLING IN THE FREDERICKSBURG REGION
Secondary road conditions are deteriorating - 5 p.m. update
FREDERICKSBURG— Heavy snow is falling in the Fredericksburg region creating slick driving conditions.
VDOT crews are focusing on treating the interstate and primary routes. Conditions on the secondary routes and subdivision streets are rapidly deteriorating.
If driving motorists are urged to use extreme caution.
Snow is expected to continue through out the evening and VDOT urges motorists to avoid travel during the overnight hours.
To get the latest road condition information at www.511virginia.org or call 511.
Winter Driving Tips
• Slow down, and keep a five-second distance or more behind other vehicles. Do no pass trucks applying chemicals unless absolutely necessary.
• Be aware of areas prone to freezing such as ramps and bridges.
• When driving on ice, do not slam on brakes. Turn gently and slowly.
• Keep an emergency winter kit in your car.
• Always wear your seatbelt.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.