VDOT News - Bristol
Michelle Earl 276-696-3283
March 25, 2018
10 a.m. Travel Advisory: Allow extra travel time this morning in southwest Virginia
BRISTOL— The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) asks motorists to allow extra travel time this morning. Motorists may encounter snow-covered and slick conditions in many areas, especially on secondary highways.
Following are road conditions as of 10 a.m.:
- Interstates 81 and 77 are clear.
- Most primary and secondary highways in Bland County are snow-covered and slick.
- The majority of roadways in Washington and Smyth counties have scattered snow and ice patches.
- In Grayson County, be alert to snow patches on primary highways and snow-covered secondary highways.
- Routes 11, 21 and 90 in Wythe County have scattered snow and ice patches. Remaining primary highways and secondary highways are snow-covered and slick.
- Paved secondary highways in Russell, Buchanan, Dickenson and Wise counties have snow and ice patches. Be alert to snow-covered secondary highways in Tazewell County.
- Main highways in Tazewell, Buchanan, Russell, Dickenson and Wise counties are clear but wet
- All highways in Lee and Scott counties are currently clear but wet.
Travelers can get real-time information on road conditions, traffic incidents and congestion on Virginia roads by using VDOT’s 511 free mobile app or the www.511Virginia.org website and phone system, which can help travelers plan their routes accordingly.
The Bristol District includes the counties of Bland, Wythe, Tazewell, Grayson, Smyth, Russell, Buchanan, Washington, Wise, Dickenson, Lee and Scott counties.
***Unless conditions deteriorate, this will be the last report for this weather event.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.