|IMMEDIATE - 4 p.m.
Michelle Earl 276-696-3283
Jan. 20, 2016
4 p.m. January 20: Be alert to slick travel conditinos during the afternoon commute in southwestern Virginia
BRISTOL – With snow currently falling in southwest Virginia, Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) crews are out in force clearing the highways.
Following are roadway conditions as of 4 p.m.:
- Be alert to snow-covered conditions on I-81 in Washington County. I-81 in Smyth and Wythe counties has snow and ice patches.
- Snow and ice patches are reported along I-77.
- The majority of primary and secondary highways in Buchanan, Russell, Smyth, Grayson, Lee, Wise, and Dickenson counties are snow covered and slick.
- In Scott County, primary highways are snow-covered and slick, with secondary highways experiencing drifting snow and extremely slick driving conditions.
- Snow and ice patches are reported on the majority of highways in Washington, Tazewell, Bland and Wythe counties.
For safe driving tips and other snow-related information, visit VDOT’s website: http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/snow.asp
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.