VDOT Coordinating Transportation and Land Use Planning Forum
2020 Forum - Postponed
The Virginia Department of Transportation's (VDOT) Coordinating Transportation and Land Use Planning Forum, which was scheduled to take place on May 6, 2020, has been postponed.
If VDOT is able to reschedule this event, we will contact all who registered for the forum, update this site, and promote the new date.
May 10, 2018
VDOT held its Coordinating Transportation and Land Use Planning Forum on May 10, 2018, in Chesterfield County.
More than 225 people participated in this event.
Participants included members and staff representing Virginia localities, planning district commissions, metropolitan planning organizations, the development community and VDOT.
- Forum agenda
- Innovative Intersections
- Smart Scale and performance-based planning
- The long road from planning to breaking ground: A collaboration between Roanoke County and VDOT
- VDOT’s Integrated Directional Signing Program and Community Wayfinding Program
- A lifeline on Lifecore: Transportation + land use + economic development
- VDOT land development toolbox: Improving services to our customers
- 2018 General Assembly review
- Mobility as a service
- Sharing Your geographic data using ArcGIS Online and ESRI Story Maps
- State bicycle and pedestrian update
- Arterial preservation: Protecting Virginia’s arterial investments
- Using Smart Scale metrics for project prioritization in the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Metropolitian Planning Organization
- Coordinating land use and transportation planning in the National Capital Region
- Measuring transportation and land use coordination: The National Accessibility Evaluation
- Access management: Safety for all road users
- Embark Richmond Highway: Creating a multimodal future
- Making connections
VDOT Transportation and Land Use Forum – June 2, 2016 – Culpeper
On Thursday, June 2, 2016, VDOT held its forum on coordinating transportation and land use planning. Around 250 participants from localities, metropolitan planning organizations, planning district commissions, the private sector, and VDOT attended.
The forum took place at Germanna Community College’s Daniel Technology Center in Culpeper.
- VDOT Involvement in Land Use
- Statewide Prioritization Process (HB2) Update
- Working with VDOT to Affect Good Transportation and Land Use Results
- Electronic Permit Submission: Online Services and IT Updates
- Incorporating Land Use Issues Related to Freight Into Local Plans, Policies and Projects
- Transportation Efficient Land Use Development: Oyster Point and City Center
- Accommodating Bicyclists and Pedestrians
- Roundabouts are Good for Business
- Mitigating Transportation Issues Through Land Use Planning Decisions
- Multi-modal Design: County Point of View
- Regional and Rural Strategies
- VDOT Innovation: Information, Solutions and Resources
- Urban Development Areas Process: History and Requirements
- Arterial Management Planning: Facilitating Land Development through Corridor Preservation
- Planning and Funding of Transportation Demand Management
- Ensuring Consistency Between VTrans, SYIP And Local Plans
- VDOT Land Development Toolbox