VDOT Coordinating Transportation and Land Use Planning Forum
VDOT Transportation and Land Use Forum – June 2, 2016 – Culpeper
The 2016 VDOT Coordinating Transportation and Land Use Planning Forum will be held on Thursday, June 2
The forum will take place at Germanna Community College’s Daniel Technology Center, 18121 Technology Drive, Culpeper, VA 22701.
The Forum will start at 9 a.m. and end at 4 p.m.
The Forum’s agenda can be found here:
- VDOT Involvement in Land Use
- Statewide Prioritization Process (HB2) Update
- Working with VDOT to Affect Good Transportation and Land Use Results
- Electronic Permit Submission: Online Services and IT Updates
- Incorporating Land Use Issues Related to Freight Into Local Plans, Policies and Projects
- Transportation Efficient Land Use Development: Oyster Point and City Center
- Accommodating Bicyclists and Pedestrians
- Roundabouts are Good for Business
- Mitigating Transportation Issues Through Land Use Planning Decisions
- Multi-modal Design: County Point of View
- Regional and Rural Strategies
- VDOT Innovation: Information, Solutions and Resources
- Urban Development Areas Process: History and Requirements
- Arterial Management Planning: Facilitating Land Development through Corridor Preservation
- Planning and Funding of Transportation Demand Management
- Ensuring Consistency Between VTrans, SYIP And Local Plans
- VDOT Land Development Toolbox
2014 VDOT Coordinating Transportation and Land Use Planning Forum
On Wednesday, April 2, 2014, the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) held its forum on coordinating transportation and land use planning. More than 220 participants from localities, metropolitan planning organizations, planning district commissions, the private sector, and VDOT attended.
The forum took place at John Tyler Community College’s Chester campus in the Nicholas Center.
- Connection between transportation and land use
- Site plan review, rezoning and VDOT assistance
- Rural Planning Program and Floyd County Comprehensive Plan
- George Washington Region land use scenario planning
- Hanover strategies to link land use and transportation planning
- Transportation-efficient land use
- Multimodal system design guidelines
- DRPT’s multimodal design guidelines and incorporation into the VDOT Road Design Manual
- County multimodal design adoption
- Virginia’s Statewide Multimodal Transportation Plan
- Intermodal accessibility analysis and planning methodology
- Arterial management plans
If you have questions about the forum, contact Lynne Wasz at firstname.lastname@example.org.