VDOT Coordinating Transportation and Land Use Planning Forum
Next VDOT Transportation and Land Use Forum – June 2 – Culpeper
The 2016 VDOT Coordinating Transportation and Land Use Planning Forum will be held on Thursday, June 2.
The forum will take place at Germanna Community College’s Daniel Technology Center, 18121 Technology Drive, Culpeper, VA 22701.
It will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The forum will include such topics as:
- Access management
- Accommodating bike/pedestrian travel
- Developer’s perspective on land use
- Improving communications between VDOT, localities and developers
- Innovations at VDOT
- Land use and freight
- Multimodal design
The forum agenda will be posted on this page when finalized.
To register, contact Lynne Wasz at email@example.com or at 804-786-0966 by Friday, May 20.
2014 VDOT Coordinating Transportation and Land Use Planning Forum
On Wednesday, April 2, 2014, the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) held its forum on coordinating transportation and land use planning. More than 220 participants from localities, metropolitan planning organizations, planning district commissions, the private sector, and VDOT attended.
The forum took place at John Tyler Community College’s Chester campus in the Nicholas Center.
- Connection between transportation and land use
- Site plan review, rezoning and VDOT assistance
- Rural Planning Program and Floyd County Comprehensive Plan
- George Washington Region land use scenario planning
- Hanover strategies to link land use and transportation planning
- Transportation-efficient land use
- Multimodal system design guidelines
- DRPT’s multimodal design guidelines and incorporation into the VDOT Road Design Manual
- County multimodal design adoption
- Virginia’s Statewide Multimodal Transportation Plan
- Intermodal accessibility analysis and planning methodology
- Arterial management plans
If you have questions about the forum, contact Lynne Wasz at firstname.lastname@example.org.