Issue with Links in Design Manuals
MESSAGE: On 5-21-2015 an update was pushed out to upgrade Adobe Reader XI to version (11.0.11). Since then, end users have reported issues with relative links in PDF versions of design manuals and guides. VDOT ITD staff and CADD Support are aware of the issue and are working on a long-term solution.
The short term fix is:
1. Click the Start Button in Windows
2. Select All Programs
3. Select Adobe Reader XI
4. In Adobe Reader Click on the Edit tab
5. Click Preferences
6. On the Preferences panel, on the left side, Select Security (Enhanced)
*Note: On some computers the Adobe Protected View will need to be turned off
7. Locate the link www.extranet.vdot.state.va.us on the right side
8. Highlight the link
9. Select the Remove button
10. Click OK
11. Close the browser and try again. The PDF file will open in Protected View.
12. You can navigate All Manuals “and links within the Manuals” however you cannot print.
13. In order to print click on “Trust this host one time only”, If you click on always some links will not work. If that happens, repeat steps 1 through 10.
Contact CADDSupport at CADDSupport@vdot.virginin.gov if you have any problems.