Location and Design Division
L&D Home • Business Administration • CADD Support • Hydraulics and Utilities
MS-4/Stormwater Management • Project Management Office • Roadway Design and Special Projects
Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance • GeoSpatial Program • Traffic Design
Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance
The Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance Program Area is responsible for Statewide design support services. This includes providing technical support on proper installation and use of safety hardware (Guardrail, End Terminals, etc.), providing special design drawings when requested, assistance on policies and procedures, geometric design standards and reviewing plans at various stages in the plan development process to aid in improving the quality of preliminary engineering plans.
Joseph P. Koscinski, Jr., P.E.
State Geometric Design Engineer
VDOT - Location & Design Division
1401 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23219
|Charles Patterson, P.E.
Standards/Special Design Section Manager
|George T. Rogerson, Jr.
Policies & Procedures Section Manager
- Design Exception Request Form LD-440 rev. - October 8, 2019
- Design Waiver Request Form LD-448 rev. - October 8, 2019
- Manual for Assessing Safety Hardware (MASH) Provisionally Approved Products - September 16, 2019
- Tier 1 & Tier 2 2020 Cutoff Advertisement Schedule has been updated - September 13, 2019
- A revision to the 2016 Road & Bridge Standards has been made - rev. September 11, 2019