Location and Design Division
L&D Home • Business Administration • CADD Support • Hydraulics and Utilities
MS-4/Stormwater Management • Project Management Office • Roadway Design and Special Projects
Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance • Survey and Photogrammetry • Traffic Design
Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance
The Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance Program Area is responsible for Statewide design support services. This includes providing technical support on proper installation and use of safety hardware (Guardrail, End Terminals, etc.), providing special design drawings when requested, assistance on policy and geometric design standards and reviewing plans at various stages in the plan development process to aid in improving the quality of preliminary engineering plans.
Joseph P. Koscinski, Jr., P.E.
State Geometric Design Engineer
VDOT - Location & Design Division
1401 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23219
|Charles Patterson, P.E.
Standards/Special Design Section Manager
|George T. Rogerson, Jr.
Policies & Procedures Section Manager
- CADD Manual Revisions - Chapter 8, Appendices D & E revised – Feb. 9, 2018
- IIM-LD-118.5 Construction Advertisement Design Deliverables – New Instructions - January 31, 2018
- Clarification of MASH Guardrail Requirements Memorandum Updated - Jan.8, 2018
Information You Can Use
- 2015 VDOT / FHWA Stewardship and Oversight Agreement
- Instructional & Informational Memoranda
- Public Involvement Manual
- Road & Bridge Specifications
- Road Design Manual
- Road & Bridge Standards