Location and Design Division
L&D Home • Business Administration • CADD Support • Hydraulics and Utilities
MS-4/Stormwater Management • Project Management Office • Roadway Design and Special Projects
Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance • Survey and Photogrammetry • Traffic Design
Hydraulics and Utilities
The Hydraulics and Utilities Program Area is responsible for statewide design support services, including providing technical support on hydraulics and utilities infrastructure for the transportation industry of the Commonwealth. The Program offers hydraulics and utilities design services when requested, assistance on policy and design standards, and provides Quality Assurance reviews of plans prepared by others, at various stages in the plan development process.
Jeff Bragdon, P.E., P.M.P.
State Hydraulics and Utilities Engineer
VDOT - Location & Design Division
1401 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23219
|Victoria (Tory) Bains, P.E.
Assistant State Hydraulics and Utilities Engineer
|John Matthews, P.E.
Assistant State Hydraulics Engineer
- No announcements at this time
Information You Can Use
- Calculation & Computation Forms (zip file, 80 kb)
- Design Software
- District Hydraulic Engineers
- District River Mechanics Engineers
- District & Regional Utility Coordinators
- Drainage Manual
- Instructional and Informational Memoranda
- SHED EC-2 EC-3
- SHED2-Plan Reviewer
- Subsurface Utility Design and Analysis (SUDA) Training Classes
- Road & Bridge Specifications
- Road & Bridge Standards
- Updated Cell Libraries and Plan Labels
- Utility Manual