Location and Design Division
L&D Home • Business Administration • CADD Support • Hydraulics and Utilities
MS-4/Stormwater Management • Project Management Office • Roadway Design and Special Projects
Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance • GeoSpatial Program • Traffic Design
The Statewide Location and Design Team is responsible for the planning, development and delivery of quality engineered highway construction plans for projects that are part of the Department’s Six Year Improvement Program. Our statewide staff is organized into 9 construction districts which are responsible for project management and design as well as a Central Office staff responsible for the development, implementation and training of policies, procedures, technical guidance as well as design and project management.
Our team of highway engineering professionals includes experts in the fields of roadway geometric design, hydraulics and river mechanics, stormwater management/MS4, GIS survey and photogrammetry, traffic engineering design, landscape architecture, project management, CADD support, safety hardware, engineered standards, policies and procedures, general business and consultant contract administration.
- ProjectWise Access / Reset Password - August 2019
- ProjectWise COV Account and Password for Consultant Users - August 2019
- ProjectWise Accounts for Contractors - August 2019
- Erosion and Sediment Control Contractor Certification (ESCCC) - July 31, 2019
- July 2019 revisions to VDOT’s Road Design Manual - July 29, 2019
- VDOT CADD training sessions available for Consultants and VDOT Employees - rev. July 29, 2019
Use the VDOT University to sign-up for the classroom courses; OpenRoads Technology, MicroStation Basics, Subsurface Utilities Drainage Design (SUDA) and Utility Engineering Training (SUDA).
- Revision to IIM-LD-195.12 Virginia Stormwater Management Program - July 22, 2019
- Part II B BMP Design Manual of Practice - July 18, 2019
- Part II C BMP Design Manual of Practice - July 18, 2019
- IIM-LD-259 "NEW" - July 16, 2019
(NCHRP 350 Precast Traffic Barrier Concrete Service and Re-Directive Portable Impact
Attenuators - Normal Service Life / Lifecycle)
- Survey Manual Updated July 2019 - posted June 26, 2019