Location and Design Division
L&D Home • Business Administration • CADD Support • Hydraulics and Utilities
MS-4/Stormwater Management • Project Management Office • Roadway Design and Special Projects
Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance • GeoSpatial Program • Traffic Design
The Statewide Location and Design Team is responsible for the planning, development and delivery of quality engineered highway construction plans for projects that are part of the Department’s Six Year Improvement Program. Our statewide staff is organized into 9 construction districts which are responsible for project management and design as well as a Central Office staff responsible for the development, implementation and training of policies, procedures, technical guidance as well as design and project management.
Our team of highway engineering professionals includes experts in the fields of roadway geometric design, hydraulics and river mechanics, stormwater management/MS4, GIS survey and photogrammetry, traffic engineering design, landscape architecture, project management, CADD support, safety hardware, engineered standards, policies and procedures, general business and consultant contract administration.
- ProjectWise Access / Reset Password - December 2019
- ProjectWise COV Account and Password for Consultant Users - December 2019
- ProjectWise Accounts for Contractors - December 2019
- Erosion and Sediment Control Contractor Certification (ESCCC) - November 20, 2019
- VDOT CADD Training Sessions available for Consultants and VDOT Employees 10/2019 - 2/2020 - posted October 2019
- Public Involvement Manual rev. - October 25, 2019
- Design Exception Request Form LD-440 rev. - October 8, 2019
- Design Waiver Request Form LD-448 rev. - October 8, 2019
- MS4 Annual Report July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019 - posted October 2, 2019