Location and Design Division
L&D Home • Business Administration • CADD Support • Hydraulics and Utilities
MS-4/Stormwater Management • Project Management Office • Roadway Design and Special Projects
Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance • Survey and Photogrammetry • Traffic Design
The Statewide Location and Design Team is responsible for the planning, development and delivery of quality engineered highway construction plans found in the Department’s Six Year Improvement Program. Our statewide staff is organized into 9 construction districts which are responsible for project management and design as well as a Central Office staff responsible for the development, implementation and training of policies, procedures, technical guidance as well as design and project management.
Our team of highway engineering professionals includes experts in the fields of roadway geometric design, hydraulics and river mechanics, stormwater management/MS4, survey and photogrammetry, traffic engineering design, landscape architecture, project management, CADD support, safety hardware, engineered standards, policies and procedures, general business and consultant contract administration.
- Erosion and Sediment Control Contractor Certification (ESCCC) - March 30, 2017
Updated Certification List
- Road Design Manual – Rev. , 2017
- VDOT OpenRoads Guide and Frequently Asked Questions March 22, 2017
- Help VDOT Keep Pollution and Litter Out of Our Waterways: Your actions matter! March 13, 2017
- Electronic Plan Submission Process Flow Chart Revised to Indicate Phases to Archive Files - February 27, 2017
- 2016 Road & Bridge Standards - Rev. February 17, 2017
- IIM-LD-93.18 (Construction Work Zones) – Rev. February 10, 2017
- Scheduled Training Classes - January 2017 - March 2017