Location and Design Division
L&D Home • Business Administration • CADD Support • Hydraulics and Utilities
MS-4/Stormwater Management • Project Management Office • Roadway Design and Special Projects
Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance • Survey and Photogrammetry • Traffic Design
The Statewide Location and Design Team is responsible for the planning, development and delivery of quality engineered highway construction plans found in the Department’s Six Year Improvement Program. Our statewide staff is organized into 9 construction districts which are responsible for project management and design as well as a Central Office staff responsible for the development, implementation and training of policies, procedures, technical guidance as well as design and project management.
Our team of highway engineering professionals includes experts in the fields of roadway geometric design, hydraulics and river mechanics, stormwater management/MS4, survey and photogrammetry, traffic engineering design, landscape architecture, project management, CADD support, safety hardware, engineered standards, policies and procedures, general business and consultant contract administration.
- Erosion and Sediment Control Contractor Certification (ESCCC) - May 24, 2017
Updated Certification List
- IIM-LD-230.2 / IIM-OD-13-01.3 (VDOT Fiber Optics Infrastructure) – Rev. May 2, 2017
- IIM-LD-158.13 (Pavement Designs) – Rev. May 2, 2017
- LD-450 Form (Report Cover Sheet) Available on the Form Web Site - April 26, 2017
- Location and Design Division Organizational Chart Updated - April 25, 2017
- VDOT’s Electronic Plans Web Portal, Falcon Web was upgraded on Thursday, April 13th 2017. The NEW URL for accessing Falcon Web is http://falcon.virginiadot.org/falconwebv3/
For additional information about the Falcon Web system upgrade, please refer to this video: Link to Video
- VDOT OpenRoads Guide and Frequently Asked Questions April 7, 2017
- Chapters 3, Chapter 5 & Chapter 7 of the CADD Manual Revised March 2017 - April 4, 2017
Chapters were revised to provide instructions on the Revision Data Sheet & how the revision should be noted.
- CADD Support New Employees April 2017
- Roadway Design and Special Projects New Employees April 2017
- IIM-LD-8.18 (Printing Costs) – Rev. March 30, 2017
- IIM-LD-146.4 (Board Policies on Participation by Towns, Cities and Others) – Rev. March 30, 2017