Location and Design Division
L&D Home • Business Administration • CADD Support • Hydraulics and Utilities
MS-4/Stormwater Management • Project Management Office • Roadway Design and Special Projects
Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance • Survey and Photogrammetry • Traffic Design
The Statewide Location and Design Team is responsible for the planning, development and delivery of quality engineered highway construction plans found in the Department’s Six Year Improvement Program. Our statewide staff is organized into 9 construction districts which are responsible for project management and design as well as a Central Office staff responsible for the development, implementation and training of policies, procedures, technical guidance as well as design and project management.
Our team of highway engineering professionals includes experts in the fields of roadway geometric design, hydraulics and river mechanics, stormwater management/MS4, survey and photogrammetry, traffic engineering design, landscape architecture, project management, CADD support, safety hardware, engineered standards, policies and procedures, general business and consultant contract administration.
- ProjectWise Training - "Space still available in several ProjectWise Training Classes and Webinars...sign up now before they fill up". Classes are open to VDOT Staff and VDOT Business Partners.
- Detailed Description of Onsite Training and Migration Page - Rev. April 13, 2018
(Migration Sequence Schedule from Falcon to ProjectWise)
- Updated certification Erosion and Sediment Control Contractor Certification (ESCCC) - Rev. April 4, 2018
- ProjectWise Implementation Page - March 27, 2018 "NEW"
- LD-899 - Request Access Form to the ProjectWise Site - March 25, 2018 "NEW"
- LD-900 - Consultant Project Access Request Form - March 25, 2018 "NEW"
- ProjectWise Announcement and Migration Schedule - Feb. 28, 2018
- CADD Training Classes Available (MicroStation, Apr. 24-25 & SUDA, Apr. 10-12) - Feb. 22, 2018
Register for classes by logging into the VDOT University.
- Upcoming courses to “Erosion and sediment control contractors certification (ESCCC)" classes through construction trade organizations