Location and Design Division
The Statewide Location and Design Team delivers roadway plan assemblies in accordance with the Six Year Improvement Program. Projects are managed at the District level, with support, as needed, from the Central Office. Design is completed in the Districts, Central Office and by consultants. The Central Office staff maintains policies, procedures, technical guidance and training for the Statewide Location and Design organization. Engineering support services, including CADD, are provided to not only the Statewide Location and Design discipline, but also to all of the Preliminary Engineering Divisions, consultants and localities. The Central Office provides Statewide oversight for compliance with stormwater management and standards, policies, procedures and quality assurance. Our team of professionals includes experts in highway engineering, roadway geometric design, hydraulics and river mechanics, survey and photogrammetry, project management, consultant services and administration, alternate project delivery, traffic engineering design, landscape architecture, cadd support, safety hardware, and the development and interpretation of Standards, policies and procedures. For assistance or comments on our web page, please contact me or use the link in the Location and Design Directory below.
B. A. 'Bart' Thrasher, P.E.
Division Administrator/State Location and Design Engineer
VDOT - Location & Design Division
1401 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23219
- Requests for Proposals (RFP) - RFP No.: LD-20150622 Project: Frontier Drive Extension and Braided Ramps in Fairfax County; 2677-029-204, P101
- Requests for Proposals (RFP) - Route 7 East Market Street Interchange at Battlefield Parkway Town of Leesburg, Virginia (LD20150609)
Location and Design Sections
- Alternate Project Delivery
- CADD Support Section
- Consultant Services
- Hydraulics Design
- Landscape Architecture
- Project Management
- Standards, Policies, Procedures and Quality Assurance Section
- Stormwater Management
- Survey and Photogrammetry
- Traffic Engineering Design
Information You Can Use
- How To Obtain Falcon Access
- VDOT District Offices
- FTP Server - VDOT's secure ftp server information.
- Item Code Table Contains both English & Metric