IMPORTANT NOTICE TO BIDDERS REGARDING CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE INFORMATION (CII PROJECTS)
ACCESS TO CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE INFORMATION (CII) PROJECTS
- Any business, contractor, consultant, supplier or individual interested in bidding or obtaining any projects that have Critical Infrastructure Information/Sensitive Security Information (CII/SSI) in the plans is subjected to a Criminal History Records Check (CHRC). In order to start this process, please send an email to VDOT's Construction Division at VDOTContracts@vdot.virginia.gov with the following information: (1) Name of Company, (2) Points on Contact for Company, (3) Phone Number(s), (4) Email Address (5) Physical Address for Company (6) Reason/Need for Access to CII project. Please place in the subject field of the email “To Obtain CII Access”. We will then forward the information to our Personnel Security Section Fingerprint Office where you will be contacted regarding the procedure. Please note that this process can take up to 20 Days and there is a fee for processing the Criminal History Record Check. There is a standard $27.00 fee for fingerprinting. Any questions you have regarding this process can be answered by our Security Section when you are contacted.
- In order to access CII/SSI Information in ProjectWise a COV Domain Account must be created.
- Existing Contractor Logical ProjectWise accounts must be upgraded to a COV domain account.
- Access to CII/SSI Information must be viewed through ProjectWise Explorer, the ProjectWise Web Client will not provide access.
- To create a new COV Account, Upgrade an Existing Account, and Install ProjectWise Explorer use the information provided at the following Link: PROJECTWISE INSTRUCTIONS. The ProjectWise install is located in the non-sensitive section of ProjectWise: Documents\_Standards\ProjectWise VDOT Install\ folder in ProjectWise
- Upon notification of an approved Criminal History Record Check, a VPN (Virtual Private Network) token and Registry Key will be issued by the Department.
- It will be the responsibility of the interested party to acquire the necessary software to install and activate the VPN.
- A copy of the Critical Infrastructure Information/Sensitive Security Information (CII/SSI) Multi-Purpose Non-Disclosure Agreement must be completed and submitted electronically to the State Contract Engineer, Harold Caples, at Caples@vdot.virginia.gov
For general questions, please contact CADDSupport.
Page last modified: Oct. 30, 2019