New Products Information
On occasion, products come to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) for evaluation that are not covered by specifications, plans, or other department standards.
In such instances, vendors should submit a new products application.
The new products committee evaluates these items.
The committee is composed of members from each of the divisions in the department. Meetings are held twice a year.
Vendors are asked to supply the committee with product information and samples.
It is not necessary to submit a new products application if your product is covered by VDOT specifications and / or standards. To verify your product is covered by VDOT specifications and/or standards, refer to:
- 2007 Road and bridge specifications
- 2007 Road and bridge specifications revisions
- 2008 Road and bridge standards
- 2008 Road and bridge standards revision
- Special products evaluation list
- Approved lists
- Pre-approved traffic control devices (list maintained by the Traffic Engineering Division, 804-786-2965)
- Materials Division home
- Asphalt Cold Patch Materials
Contact Rob Crandol, 804-328-3137
- Concrete Pipe Producers, Concrete Precast Producers, Corrugated Metal Pipe Producers
Contact Keith Williams, 804-328-3135 for information.