Information Technology Division
IT Governance and Project Management
- As part of the Agency's Strategic Plan, the Division produces, maintains,
and reports on the Agency IT Strategic Plan.
- In support of the Division's system development efforts, IT program standards
and policies are developed, published and maintained. These documents are
reviewed regularly for accuracy and applicability in order to facilitate compliance
with State and Agency requirements for project management and systems development.
- The establishment of VITA has brought about a requirement for Independent
Verification and Validation (IV&V) on all major development projects. In compliance
with this directive, VDOT's ITD engages IV&V services for all major projects.
- VDOT's ITD Project Managers are certified by VITA's Project Management Division
(PMD) and/or Project Management Institute (PMI).
- VDOT IT program is regularly audited by VDOT Internal Audit Division and the
external Auditor of Public Accounts. The Division provides support, coordination
and tracking for both internal and external audits to ensure timely responses and
- VDOT is required to report status on all major IT initiatives at the VITA IT
Project Dashboard. The Division Project Managers provide monthly updates, which are
reviewed and approved at the Secretariat level.
- VDOT's ITD serves as legislative and external Agency focal point for IT issues during General Assembly sessions.
- Information Technology Division
- Strategic Contributions
- Program Administration
- IT Governance and Project Management
- Application Development and Maintenance
- Systems Engineering and Production Management
- GIS and Data Warehouse Services
Page last modified: Oct. 14, 2012