Welcome to the Civil Rights Division
As a public agency, the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is responsible for the assurance of full public participation in the process of highway construction and in the receipt of benefits derived from highway construction and related activities.
Through internal and external programs and activities the VDOT Civil Rights Division works to provide public services ensuring design, procurement, and contracting inclusion, community and cultural awareness, fair employment practices, and other areas where federal and state resources are applied.
Title VI – Civil Rights Act of 1964
Transportation continuum (PDF, 885 KB)
Civil Rights directory (PDF, 196 KB)
- The Department of Minority Business Enterprise provides a directory of certified DBE firms. The directory indicates the NAICS codes that DBE firms are certified to perform work. FHWA will only allow credit to Prime contractors for those NAICS codes listed in the directory. To assist contractors, the Civil Rights Division has created a listing of VDOT work codes and their corresponding NAICS codes.
If you are a DBE firm and need NAICS codes added to your profile, contact the Department of Minority Business Enterprise at 804-786-6585.
NAICS codes (PDF, 75 KB)
- Virginia DBE Goal Setting Methodology 2012-2014 Draft (PDF, 75 KB)
- DBE Newsletter - "Let's Talk Business"
Contract Provisions / Requirements
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprises provisions for contracts without a goal (Race-neutral) (PDF, 42 KB)
Equal Opportunity Contract compliance
Local Assistance for VDOT projects
DBE/SWAM Fact Sheet
Small, Women and Minority Business (SWAM) Program
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
- DBE policy statement (PDF, 75 KB)
- DBE certification
- DBE goal setting
- DBE contract compliance
- DBE supportive services/outreach
- On-the-Job Training Program
- Welfare to Work Program
- DMBE directory
- DBE guidelines: federal code