VDOT District Offices
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) divides the state into nine districts, each of which oversees maintenance and construction on the state-maintained highways, bridges and tunnels in its region.
For the most specific and up-to-date information on transportation conditions and projects, see the detailed listing below and contact the VDOT district office for your area.
Arlington and Henrico counties maintain their own roads, as do cities and many towns. If you have questions, contact your VDOT district office or the public works department of the individual town or city.
- Bland, Buchanan, Dickenson, Grayson, Lee, Russell, Scott, Smyth, Tazewell, Washington, Wise and Wythe
- Bristol, Norton
- Abingdon, Appalachia, Big Stone Gap, Bluefield, Cedar Bluff, Chilhowie, Cleveland, Clinchco, Clinchport, Clintwood, Coeburn, Damascus, Duffield, Dungannon, Fries, Gate City, Glade Spring, Grundy, Haysi, Honaker, Independence, Jonesville, Lebanon, Marion, Nickelsville, Pennington Gap, Pocahontas, Pound, Richlands, Rural Retreat, Saltville, St. Charles, St. Paul, Tazewell, Troutdale, Weber City, Wise and Wytheville
- Bedford, Botetourt, Carroll, Craig, Floyd, Franklin, Giles, Henry, Montgomery, Patrick, Pulaski and Roanoke
- Galax, Martinsville, Radford, Roanoke and Salem
- Blacksburg, Boones Mill, Buchanan, Christiansburg, Dublin, Fincastle, Floyd, Glen Lyn, Hillsville, Narrows, New Castle, Pearisburg, Pembroke, Pulaski, Rich Creek, Ridgeway, Rocky Mount, Stuart, Troutville and Vinton
- Amherst, Appomattox, Buckingham, Campbell, Charlotte, Cumberland, Halifax, Nelson, Pittsylvania and Prince Edward
- Danville and Lynchburg
- Altavista, Amherst, Appomattox, Brookneal, Charlotte Court House, Chatham, Dillwyn, Drakes Branch, Farmville, Gretna, Halifax, Hurt, Keysville, Pamplin City, Phenix, Scottsburg, South Boston and Virgilina
- Amelia, Brunswick, Charles City, Chesterfield, Dinwiddie, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico*, Lunenburg, Mecklenburg, New Kent, Nottoway, Powhatan and Prince George
(*Henrico maintains its own county roads)
- Colonial Heights, Hopewell, Petersburg and Richmond
- Alberta, Ashland, Blackstone, Boydton, Brodnax, Burkeville, Chase City, Clarksville, Crewe, Kenbridge, La Crosse, Lawrenceville, Mckenney, South Hill and Victoria
- Accomack Isle of Wight, James City, Northampton, Southampton, Surry, Sussex, York and Greensville
- Chesapeake, Emporia, Franklin, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Poquoson, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach and Williamsburg
(Cities in Hampton Roads maintain their own roads)
- Accomac, Belle Haven, Bloxom, Boykins, Branchville, Cape Charles, Capron, Cheriton, Chincoteague, Claremont, Courtland, Dendron, Eastville, Exmore, Hallwood, Ivor, Jarratt, Keller, Melfa, Nassawadox, Newsoms, Onancock, Onley, Painter, Parksley, Saxis, Smithfield*, Stony Creek, Surry, Tangier, Wachapreague, Wakefield, Waverly and Windsor
(*Smithfield maintains its own roads)
- Caroline, Essex, Gloucester, King and Queen, King George, King William, Lancaster, Mathews, Middlesex, Northumberland, Richmond, Spotsylvania, Stafford and Westmoreland
- Bowling Green, Colonial Beach, Irvington, Kilmarnock, Montross, Port Royal, Tappahannock, Urbanna, Warsaw, West Point and White Stone
- Albemarle, Culpeper, Fauquier, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Madison, Orange and Rappahannock
- Columbia, Culpeper, Gordonsville, Louisa, Madison, Mineral, Orange, Remington, Scottsville, Stanardsville, The Plains, Warrenton and Washington
- Alleghany, Augusta, Bath, Clarke, Frederick, Highland, Page, Rockbridge, Rockingham, Shenandoah and Warren
- Buena Vista, Covington, Harrisonburg, Lexington, Staunton, Waynesboro and Winchester
- Berryville, Boyce, Bridgewater, Broadway, Clifton Forge, Craigsville, Dayton, Edinburg, Elkton, Front Royal, Glasgow, Goshen, Grottoes, Iron Gate, Luray, Middletown, Monterey, Mount Crawford Mount, Jackson, New Marke,t Shenandoah, Stanley, Stephens City, Strasburg, Timberville, Toms Brook and Woodstock
- Arlington*, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William
- Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas and Manassas Park
- Clifton, Dumfries, Hamilton, Haymarket, Herndon, Hillsboro, Leesburg, Lovettsville, Middleburg, Occoquan, Purcellville, Quantico, Round Hill and Vienna
(*Arlington maintains its own county roads)
VDOT Central Office: 804-786-2801
1401 E. Broad St.
Richmond, VA 23219
From Interstate 95:
Take exit 74C toward Routes 33/250/ Broad Street. Turn right onto Routes 33/250/Broad Street toward the State Capitol and the VDOT complex is on the left.
For information or questions about site content, contact the district communications offices above.
For technical information, questions or suggestions regarding this Web site, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org